wintin Forum Index wintin
Wintin Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#vote addin - vote for your mud on The Mud Connector

View previous topic :: View next topic  
william
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: #vote addin - vote for your mud on The Mud Connector Reply with quote

The Mud Connector (TMC) has a long list of muds - now you can vote for your favourite from within Wintin.Net.

The syntax is:

#vote {mud name}

where 'mud name' is the name of your mud as listed on TMC - note that TMC usually substitutes '+' for a space. The name must be spelt exactly as in the TMC listings - mouse over your mud's name in the listings and look at the url if in doubt.

For example to vote for Sloth III you would type

#vote {SlothMUD+III}

Note that TMC only gives you one vote per machine per day: there's no point in calling #vote too frequently because TMC will reject any other votes. But by tying your vote to an action (maybe entering or leaving the game) you can make sure you don't miss a day.

You can download it here

just double click on the file to install it.
Linsey
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an Immortal (in Sloth to be exact) will love you forever for this feature. Very Happy
Gh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Loading Error Reply with quote

Loading error, please reinstall:
ICsharpCode.core.addins.addininitilization.exception. Could not load addin file. c:/programfiles/www.wintin.org/wintin.net/addins/voteaddin.addin
exception got:system.reflection.reflection typeloadexception: One or more of the types in the assembly were unable to load.

Then it tells the spots of trouble I think but I cant figure out how to cut and paste the error report so I guess I cant use the vote addin.
william
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm not quite sure how that happened, but the dll I uploaded seems to be corrupted.

I've replaced it - please try downloading and installing again, and it should be ok.

thanks

William
gh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: still corrupted Reply with quote

I get the same error on both addins still.
william
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I can see what's going on now. There was an earlier problem which I fixed, but now .Net is being very strict about the version compatibility of Wintin itself and the addins.

I can see various approaches to this but I want to read around the subject and make the right decision, so it may take a few days.

Thanks for your perseverence and patience.
GH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have some bad news, while the voting option does work now and follow the necessary links, TMC fails to register to the votes for some reason.
Linsey
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed the addins and they seems to work. Didnt check yet if they register votes or not, i had voted today already, so guess i cant check till tomorrow. Something i noticed is that vote is case sensitive. So ...

#vote {SlothMUD+III} <--- works
#vote {slothmud+III} <--- dont work

william
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it does look as though TMC have changed a few things - hence the 'it doesn't work' issue reported above'

I've updated the code now. Linsey if you uninstall and download the new version, you should find after you vote that the scores in the TMC listing go up straight away - but only once in each 24 hour period of course.

thanks

William

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately TMC have changed things since I wrote this, and I'm not going to be able to get the addin to work now - so I'm going to withdraw it from the download library.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wintin Forum Index -> Addins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: