wintin Forum Index wintin
Wintin Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

String Parser addin
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Incompatibility with 1.05 beta Reply with quote

Normstorm wrote:
I received an error upon startup after I put the DLL in my bin\Debug directory and the addin in the AddIn sub-folder. What I did was delete the delgroup definition from your strParse.addin file since delgroup is now native to 1.05 beta. That seemed to correct the issue.

Another issue is if the strParseInstructions.txt file doesn't exist where it's supposed to, it crashes Wintin.NET. There could probably be a more graceful way of handling that.

Fixed both and updated the download. Thanks alot!
LordAzuzu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Suggestion :) Reply with quote

Just in case u're going to use CVS for code managing, try using SubVersion instead of CVS.
I've nothing to do with'em, but I've been using it for a while and I found it very useful and well done Smile
juggleblood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link to download this addin didn't work. Is the download located somewhere else?

Specifically I want to be able to separate a string into its individual characters.

Thanks
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juggleblood wrote:
The link to download this addin didn't work. Is the download located somewhere else?

Specifically I want to be able to separate a string into its individual characters.

Thanks

It seems that William may not be supporting the project any longer. I have left a few posts that went unanswered. If you will give me your email address I will be happy to send it to you. I don't have my network configured to make my web server visible to the net at the moment, or I would do it that way. Perhaps you can get someone else from here to send a copy if I am away, which seems to happen all to often these days.
Lextasy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually he fixed about five bug reports last weekend which will be released in version 2.05.

I expect he simply hasn't searched the addin forum very thoroughly because he responded to most posts in generic,support, and bug topics over the course of the last few weekends...

Anyways, has anyone come up with anymore addins? Maybe a database or mapper addin?

http://www.slothmud.org/
telnet://slothmud.org 6101

text based rpg game

Last edited by Lextasy on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lextasy wrote:
Actually he fixed about five bug reports last weekend which will be released in version 2.05.

I expect he simply hasn't searched the addin forum very thoroughly because he responded to most posts in generic,support, and bug topics over the course of the last few weekends...

Anyways, has anyone come up with anymore addins? Maybe a database or mapper addin?

Thanks for the info Lex. Unfortunately I've been quite busy these days, being forced to do labor work, due to the lack of tech jobs in the region. I've been way too tired to work on anything by the end of these 12 hour shifts. I hope to, eventually, have time to write some new addins. I'm not sure why william decided to remove the link for the download, or if it was even intentional. It could be possible that he added it to one of the newer releases(as I have not had the opportunity to take a look at them). In such an event, perhaps he should remove this thread. I am quite pleased that my work has helped others enjoy their game experiences, and in such spirits will attempt to get some extra time soon and look over the new source and attempt to imagine something useful that I may be able to contribute.
Lextasy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure it was just a mistake...

Anyways, glad to hear your still around and part of this project. The one thing we are desperately missing is a database addin for those of us who have no clue how to write our own:)

Lextasy

http://www.slothmud.org/
telnet://slothmud.org 6101

Last edited by Lextasy on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lextasy wrote:
I am sure it was just a mistake...

Anyways, glad to hear your still around and part of this project. The one thing we are desperately missing is a database addin for those of us who have no clue how to write our own:)

Lextasy

What sort of endeavor would a db linkup serve for a telnet client? See, the thing is, if you don't have the odbc driver installed for your db server, you won't be able to use it. And if a bunch of people try to use it with no luck because they don't know what they are doing, I will have to answer alot of questions. Explain your idea for the db addin to me please(i.e. what db server, would you perform manual querries or basically just use it as a storage system and if so, how would you want to access the data, or did you just want the client shipped with its own database) Having a db could prove useful for various things, such as auto-speech scripts and whatnot, but exactally how would you want to use it, and interface it through the client?

Not many people really even bother with db servers at home, except for geex like me. So I'm not sure the effort would actually serve the numbers. I have and can code applications to use MySQL, and MS-Sql, and Access. I havn't tried oracle, or anything else though. Give me some details, and perhaps when I have some time I could draw something up.
william
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimic, I'm sorry the addin file disappeared from this thread. I reinstalled the forum software a while back and I think it probably didn't survive that. It wasn't intentional.

You can upload it again - just go back to the first message in this thread, edit it, and attach the file.

regards

William
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wintin Forum Index -> Addins All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: