wintin Forum Index wintin
Wintin Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I would like some advice from you william

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: I would like some advice from you william Reply with quote

Hey, I was wondering if you could give me a quick rundown as to how you were able to get the program to load the addin libraries. I'm not looking for code, just the basic idea, and/or which code page includes the code for it. I still havn't learned much regarding c# but I can read it easily as it is syntactically and lexically structured similar to c++. I noticed and looked into using the codedom but that tends to be compiling services from what I've gathered thus far, which would be wonderful for allowing end users to code scripts. However, addin functionality similar to that which is included in wintin.net is something I would love to learn.
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you used the ICSharpCode.Core.Services package with addin and property namespaces also. Basically I just wanted to know how you got the ball rolling? You told the service manager to initialize..... Everything you want to run as a service must implement the IService? Or what.....
Lextasy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William is out of town atm, he should be back in a few days....
text based rpg game

Last edited by Lextasy on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm building a telnet server and mud to go with it. I had this idea of using an addin type technology to basically set the telnet server up for people to code addins for. Then implement my mud through an addin. I figured out how to use the ICSharpCode system in vb. Basically I used the compiled Services.dll that you compiled for distribution, and all you really need to do is make the servicemanager initializeservicesubsystem in the main app, in my case the form for the telnet service, then code everything else just like I've been coding the addins for wintin! How exciting!
Lextasy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the Parser addin, are there any others available for download?
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a post for each one available here in the addins forum. If you would like other features that are not yet included in the installation or any of the addins here in the forum, then post in the feature request thread, and one of us will get to it when we have time.
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimic wrote:
Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm building a telnet server and mud to go with it. I had this idea of using an addin type technology to basically set the telnet server up for people to code addins for. Then implement my mud through an addin. I figured out how to use the ICSharpCode system in vb. Basically I used the compiled Services.dll that you compiled for distribution, and all you really need to do is make the servicemanager initializeservicesubsystem in the main app, in my case the form for the telnet service, then code everything else just like I've been coding the addins for wintin! How exciting!

Fortunately the source for the CSharpCode module can be easily ported to the .NET 2.0 framework. I added a boolean property to the servicemanager to show TRUE when the ServiceManager is done initializing the subsystem, so that methods that need all the services to be initialized will have a reference point. I had considered attempting to fire an event, yet I found this to be less intrusive. It compiled in VCS 2k5 no problem. With one exception.. you have to switch one "Protected" item to public. Other than that, the #D core fit in with my telnet server beautifully, and it is now easy to create bbs modules using it! w00T!
william
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news - sorry I wasn`t around to answer your post but you seem to have figured it out.
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

william wrote:
Good news - sorry I wasn`t around to answer your post but you seem to have figured it out.

True, however, something wierd happens to the socket objects when using them inside a class that I use as a service. I'm not using the async delegate that sockets come with.. The BeginReceive() method... I'm just using a receive loop on a completely separate thread, and proxying the full line through an event, which seems to work fine, except using the synchronous receive from the socket in a loop, I can't access any of the services from within the loop, and I have to put a dummy send with a nullchar to trip a socket exception when the other end is disconnected. I can't use a loop dependant upon the connection state of the socket because the socket will not "block until there is data" like it is supposed to. It receives a an array of null chars even when the other end is closed. It is very wierd. Fortunately being of the nature of an inventive inquisitor, I have singled the problem out and came up with a fix. I'm not sure if it's a flaw in the 2.0 framework, perhaps something regarding running the addin modules through the Reflection objects like the ICSharpCode addin software uses.... or if somehow microsoft messed up their sockets in the new framework. Either way, just some food for thought when you recode wintin in the 2.0 framework.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wintin Forum Index -> Addins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: