wintin Forum Index wintin
Wintin Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interfacing with VB.NET--why will it not find the Interprete

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Interfacing with VB.NET--why will it not find the Interprete Reply with quote

William,
I am attempting to interface with your code through VB.NET and have basically simulated your C# code in the example addin, in the VB.NET language as follows:

Dim interpSvc As Interpreter = CType(ServiceManager.Services.GetService(GetType(Interpreter)), Interpreter)

interpSvc.Display("Powie")

yet the service manager cannot seem to find the Interpreter object. Every time I implement the library and .addin file I get ICSharpCode.Core.AddIns.TypeNotFoundException. Why can't it find that type? Is it running my addin before it instanciates the Interpreter class? If so then what can be done to fix this problem... and if not, and I'm just doing this wrong, then perhaps you can tell me how to fix this? Or explain in better detail how the servicemanager works, as well as how interfacing with it accomplished?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: in addition Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the class that this is set up in implements the ICommand interface.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or don't answer me.
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some odd reason, even when I signed in it would put me on here as Guest.. Now i'm in, and would like to know. I'm posting this just in the case that you didn't respond because the post was made by a Guest account. William, I would like my question answered if possible. I downloaded and installed the sharp develop dev kit, and thumbed through the source for wintin, however... When trying the things you mentioned in other topics, for example, including the magic library and whatnot, I have been unable to get the code to compile. Sharp develop attempts to look for some sort of encryption key, and goes awry. Sharp Develop is far from perfect, this much I do know. However, if you have been able to compile using it... maybe you would like to give me a heads up as to how?

I am only thumbing through the code in c# to attempt to figure out how to interface with it through VB.NET as I don't have a good c# compiler, and I'm a broke ass college student who cannot afford one. I am more than willing to write tutorials on how to do so if you help me figure out the answers to these questions posted here in this thread.
william
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimic

First off I've no experience of sharpdevelop. Just to mention there's an alternative, which I also have no experience of, called the visual studio express edition - http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/ for more info.

Now, your question. You say you're getting a type not found exception. I'm sure it's obvious to you what the context is, but it's not to me and I could really do with some hard information. Specifically, can you please post the full error message you're getting? That should include a stack trace, which will let me see exactly where the problem is manifesting itself within the wintin code.

thanks

William
william
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've read your thread again and I think I'll just write a sample addin in vb.net - hopefully that will get you going and will avoid having to worry about sharpdevelop etc.
william
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aargh sorry I just checked and I don't have vb.net installed on anything at the moment and I won't be able to get to my CDs until Sunday. In the meantime if you can let me have that error report I'll see if I can spot what's going wrong.
Gimic
Juggernaut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

william wrote:
aargh sorry I just checked and I don't have vb.net installed on anything at the moment and I won't be able to get to my CDs until Sunday. In the meantime if you can let me have that error report I'll see if I can spot what's going wrong.

Sure thing. I'll get on that right now. Sorry I've been away for a day or so. I'll post in a sec...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wintin Forum Index -> Addins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: